Friday, November 13, 2009

You can run, but you can't hide

A few days ago, Chinua Achebe denied that he was the father of African literature. But just as he was about to relax, thinking that he has put to rest this whole troubling issue of who fathered African literature, Emmanuel Sigauka called him out on the very issue. "Ha, ha ha," Emmanuel said. "Sir, you can run, but you can't hide. You, are the father of African literature and upon this rock, I build my ..."
Well, please see how Sigauke crafted his powerful, really convincing essay even if I am a bit of a different opinion. Another thing to love about Sigauke's essay is his ample reference to many important works in African literature, works that every educated African should have read.(If not, please - - I whisper it - - go and read these works).
Okay, as I was saying before the rambler in me took over, ..., well, here is Siguake's powerful essay. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment