Friday, October 30, 2009

Petina Gappa on the Guardian First Book Prize

Our own Petina Gappah has made it to the Guardian First Book Prize. Good luck, Petina. This time, I'm sure, you'll be rewarded for what you really deserve.

"The other fiction is a collection of 13 short stories by Petina Gappah, a Zimbabwean who has spent the last 10 years working as a trade lawyer in Geneva. She began writing seriously after suffering what she called a "severe depression." In an interview with the Guardian earlier this year, Gappah said: "It was one of those early mid-life crises really. I started asking myself 'What is it that I want from my life?' This question kept haunting me: 'Do I want to be a lawyer who always wanted to be a writer, or do I actually want to be a writer?'"

Here's the rest of the story. ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment